In Japan, the Toyota Alphard 2024 has a price range of 5.4 million to 8.72 million yen (equivalent to 38,000 – 61,400 USD), while the Vellfire 2024 is priced from 6.55 million yen to 8.92 million yen (46,120 – 62,800 USD).
The boxy minivans from Toyota have an overall length of 4,995 mm and a wheelbase of 3,000 mm. Both are 1,850 mm wide, while the height differs depending on each variant, either 1,935 mm or 1,945 mm. The Alphard and Vellfire can seat up to 6 people in a 2+2+2 seating arrangement with the second row being two individual seats. The duo has been widened by an additional 5 mm between the first row seats and an additional 10 mm between the second row and the third row.
The 2024 Alphard and Vellfire feature Toyota’s bold new design language, touted as luxurious saloon models, and share a large high-mounted center control cluster. The 2024 Alphard and Vellfire use Toyota’s first-ever retractable sunshade and newly developed seats that promise greater comfort by reducing vibrations.
Furthermore, the body rigidity has been increased by 50% thanks to the adoption of a new frame structure, while additional soundproofing materials and specially designed tires help minimize noise intrusion into the cabin. The duo is equipped with a MacPherson strut front suspension and a modified double wishbone rear suspension. Owners can also remotely park their vehicles using a smartphone app.
Both minivans are offered with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, as well as a hybrid powertrain, with plug-in hybrid system to be added later. The most powerful in the group is the available 2.4L, 4-cylinder, turbocharged engine on the Vellfire. “Tuned to deliver a sporty sound,” this engine block generates 275 horsepower and a peak torque of 430 Nm.
Customers can also choose the hybrid version based on the 2.5L gasoline engine for a combined output of 250 horsepower. In addition, Toyota also offers non-electrified Alphard versions with a naturally aspirated 2.5L, 4-cylinder engine, producing 180 horsepower and a peak torque of 235 Nm. Depending on the engine, the Toyota minivans will come with a CVT, e-CVT, or an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Toyota expects to sell 8,500 units per month, with Alphard accounting for 70% of sales and Vellfire accounting for the remaining 30%.
Trang Nguyễn (Forum.autodaily.vn)