Equipped with the advanced Honda SENSING safety package without increasing the price, the 2022 Accord is confident in the D-segment sedan market.
The new Honda CR-V, equipped with the advanced Honda SENSING technology package, has attracted the attention of Vietnamese consumers since its launch in July 2020, prioritizing the safety of users. In the second half of 2020 and in 2021, the business situation of Honda’s SUV model showed great potential.
According to the representative of the brand, following the CR-V, the advanced safety system Honda SENSING will gradually be equipped on other models. And in accordance with the development roadmap, the new 2022 D-segment sedan, Accord, is now equipped with the Honda SENSING package with superior features. So what is Honda SENSING?
Honda SENSING on the 2022 Accord: “The wings of a tiger”
With the aim of comprehensive protection for the driver, passengers, as well as other road users and surrounding vehicles, the 2022 Honda Accord is now equipped with the Honda SENSING technology package, using a combination of a front radar at the front of the car, a cluster camera on the windshield, and a system of sensors similar to those on the CR-V; providing 5 advanced driving assistance features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): provides a warning when detecting obstacles in front of the car and automatically brakes to minimize damage in case the driver does not decelerate. The radar can detect distant and fast-moving obstacles and accurately calculate the distance between the car and the obstacle. Meanwhile, the high-resolution camera can accurately identify cars, lane markings, and pedestrians.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights (AHB): automatically switches between near (low beam) and far (high beam) headlights, depending on the traffic conditions (when detecting oncoming or preceding vehicles). When there are other vehicles on the road, the headlights will automatically switch to low beam to avoid dazzling, and when no other vehicles are detected, the headlights will automatically switch to high beam to ensure visibility.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (ACC with LSF): automatically maintains the set speed, while prioritizing maintaining a safe distance with the preceding vehicle when driving on the highway. The system will automatically accelerate and decelerate, and even come to a complete stop according to the preceding vehicle. Users can set the distance to the preceding vehicle. The car will also react faster or slower depending on the preceding vehicle.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): provides a warning and assists the driver in staying in the correct lane when detecting that the car is getting too close to or crossing the lane markings. The camera system records lane markings when the car is moving at a speed between 72 – 180 km/h and will temporarily turn off if the driver uses turn signals, brakes, or needs to use the windshield wipers.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): assists in steering to keep the car in the center of the lane, while displaying a warning in case the car may deviate from the lane. This system will also only operate when the car is running at a speed between 72 – 180 km/h. The driver also needs to keep their hands on the steering wheel at all times.
Similar to the popular CR-V SUV, the above safety features in the Accord’s Honda Sensing package operate smoothly and accurately. These features not only make driving, especially on long trips, more comfortable and convenient, but more importantly, ensure maximum safety for passengers in the car and all other road users. However, it is important to note that these are driver assistance features, not autonomous driving. Therefore, drivers must always pay attention and actively control the vehicle safely.
Sporty and elegant design
While the Toyota Camry has long been known for its authority and the Kia K5 has just entered the market with a youthful and personalized style, the Honda Accord has always been favored by consumers thanks to its neutrality: a luxurious model for businessmen, but still youthful enough for a golf outing with friends.
The luxurious atmosphere of the Accord comes from the very long front end design, pushing the A-pillar back. This is also a familiar design style of European models. Meanwhile, the rear of the car is equipped with dual chrome exhaust pipes – usually only found on luxury models.
The user can also easily notice the sporty elements on the 2022 Accord. The C-pillar slopes down to the rear, and the trunk is short, following the design of European Fastback models. The Solid Wing design on the front is accompanied by full LED headlights and 18-inch 5-spoke aluminum wheels that contribute to the sportiness of the Accord 2022.
Similarly to the exterior design philosophy, the cabin of the Accord also features a sporty and luxurious feel. With the best overall size in its segment, the interior space of the Honda Accord truly provides users with spacious and comfortable seating.
The interior is covered with various materials: leather, matte wood, and metal trim in many areas that users often touch, creating a premium feel when in contact. In addition, the 2022 Honda Accord is also very outstanding, with modern technological features.
Behind the steering wheel is a large screen combined with classic analog gauges. The 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system incorporates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity standards with a simplified and user-friendly interface, providing a smooth and sharp experience.
The experience of passengers in the car is also well taken care of, with a 2-layer soundproof glass system, curtains, 12V and USB power outlets in multiple positions, power-adjustable front seats with heating, dual-zone automatic air conditioning with rear seat air vents, sunroof, 8-speaker sound system…
Convenience is also an aspect that Honda pays attention to, equipping the Accord with features such as remote engine start combined with remote window lowering – very useful in the summer, active noise control and active sound control system, automatic rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming and auto-dipping rearview mirror…
Agile and safe performance
Under the hood of the Accord 2022 is still the characteristic 1.5L VTEC turbocharged engine, however, it has been adjusted to achieve maximum power when paired with the CVT transmission and rear-wheel drive, at 188 horsepower and 260 Nm of torque.
The real-life experience shows that this power helps the 2022 Accord easily accelerate, even from a standstill or when needing to overtake other cars. The responsive and smooth feeling is always present, with no hesitation or sluggishness.
The Accord’s steering wheel is wrapped in Nappa leather, with a distinctive design, providing a firm and compact grip. The steering wheel experience of Honda models in general is also very addictive, with accurate and solid feedback. Behind the steering wheel are paddle shifters, combined with the Sport driving mode button next to the gear lever, providing a spirited and sporty driving experience for the driver.
In addition to the “wings” of Honda Sensing, the 2022 Accord is also equipped with many notable advanced safety technologies, such as the driver drowsiness warning system (Driver Attention Monitor), the right lane watch system or known as side camera (Honda Lanewatch). Along with that are the electronic parking brake (EPB) with auto hold function, electronic stability control (VSA), hill start assist (HSA), multi-angle rearview camera, 6 airbags… to support the driver throughout the journey and provide maximum protection for all passengers.
Quick summary, the Accord 2022 adds the Honda Sensing safety package: luxury, sportiness, and now added safety, and most importantly, the unchanged price will continue to maintain its position as a formidable D-segment sedan compared to competitors in the same segment.
Anh Phan (Tuoitrethudo)