High-quality, well-stocked warehouse images cause public concern as shipping service delays until after Tet holiday.

In recent days, the viral image of a stockroom filled with goods but captioned with "Delivery service failed, waiting for new stock after Tet holiday" has caused quite a stir online. But is that really the truth?


As reported, recently the online community has been buzzing about the strike of many employees of Giao Hang Tiet Kiem delivery unit, leading to difficulties in delivering orders to customers. On social media, many online shop owners are “complaining” because the orders have been handed over to the delivery unit for many days but customers have not received them. Some shops have even had to stop accepting orders to certain provinces and cities because they cannot find a delivery unit.

Image accompanying negative information shared on social media in recent days

Notably, with only a few days left until Tet holiday, social media channels are flooded with images of piled-up goods that have not been shipped, accompanied by messages like: “Delivery unit failed”, “Goods will arrive after Tet”…causing people to worry. Many people express disappointment that the items ordered for Tet will not arrive on time.

To verify the information, on the morning of 1/2/2024, we were present at the warehouse area of Giao Hang Tiet Kiem in Binh Xuyen district, Vinh Phuc province – considered the largest warehouse of this unit. According to actual observations, on the same day, the warehouse entrance area was bustling with people going in and out, security was tightened by the security team. According to the representative of the unit, reporters were not allowed to go inside to work due to the company’s regulations.

Based on observation, we did not observe any signs of a strike or long queues of vehicles. Occasionally, there were only 29-seater cars carrying some workers to undergo security checks at the gate before being taken inside.

Tight security control right from the entrance gate

Being present in front of the area to prepare for work, some young men and women said that they learned from a recruitment website that the delivery unit was recruiting employees. These young people registered online and were approved. Today being the second working day, they have not yet understood the internal information.

“We have just started working on the second day, working hourly, 60,000 VND/hour. The job is sorting orders. Before entering the workplace, we have to leave our phones and personal belongings outside”, a young man shared, adding that a few days ago, he also heard about the strike, but there has been no such phenomenon in the past two days.

Seasonal workers undergoing security checks at the gate

At the same time, in the warehouse area of the unit in Yen Nghia, Hanoi, the scene of trucks lining up around the warehouse as seen in TikTok videos in the past is no longer there. The warehouse has been sealed, and there is no more goods inside, according to observations. According to the security guards’ information, the goods here have been moved to a warehouse in Vinh Phuc, and this warehouse has stopped operation. In contrast to the images of long truck queues shared on social media a few days ago, there are no longer any trucks. The images shared on social media about piled-up goods that have not been shipped are not reflective of the current reality.

Image taken at a warehouse in Yen Nghia, Hanoi on 1/2/2024

In our conversation, a spokesperson for Giao Hang Tiet Kiem said that according to the new regulations, employees working inside are not allowed to go outside, and partners are not allowed to enter. According to the spokesperson, the recent commotion on social media has been internally resolved. Currently, the backlog of orders due to year-end surge is gradually being resolved. The unit is making every effort to deliver the goods to consumers on time.

Previous articleLotte World at Lotte Mall Tay Ho gets demanded debt by ICM contractor: Has the aquarium operated but not fully paid 9%?
Next articleLuxury phones tackle the challenge of shutting down 2G and 3G networks.