Vietnamese spend nearly 42 billion buying áo dài Tết online

In just December 2023, Vietnamese people spent 41.5 billion VND on ao dai purchases on e-commerce platforms such as Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, and Sendo.

0
214

The report on the Tet Nguyen Dan 2024 ao dai market by Metric (an e-commerce data platform) shows that Vietnamese people spent 41.5 billion VND to buy ao dai on the e-commerce platforms Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, and Sendo in December 2023.

According to the report, 224,200 products were successfully delivered, ordered from 2,200 shops on the e-commerce platforms. However, only 10,700 products were sold (a 22% decrease compared to the same period in 2022). All the aggregated data has filtered out fake orders and gift products.

Among these, the segment that Vietnamese people were most interested in is the 200,000-500,000 VND range, particularly the 200,000-350,000 VND range. Despite the decrease in revenue compared to the same period, this is still the price range that users are most interested in for this product on the e-commerce platforms.

Vietnamese people spent 41.5 billion VND on buying ao dai on 4 e-commerce platforms Source: Metric

In the price range of 50,000-100,000 VND, there was a slight increase in revenue compared to the same period. This is the main price range for ao dai products.

The affordable price range from 100,000 – 200,000 VND is focused on sets of ao dai including both the top and pants.

The top 10 highest revenue companies like YM Concept, Chaangmay, LINN design… accounted for nearly 11% of the total market, while the remaining 89% belonged to others.

Metric forecasts that in 2024, the economy will face many difficulties, so sellers need to optimize their source of goods and product costs to have sustainable competitiveness in the future.

Earlier, data from Metric showed that in 2023, over 105,000 sellers left the market on the 4 platforms Shopee, Lazada, Tiki, Sendo due to increasing competition.

SOURCEcafef
Previous articleNew Chinese automaker to launch a breakthrough SUV in Vietnam: Fuel consumption at 5.2l/100km, priced over 500 million VND.
Next articleTet Market: Food Prices Rise, Flowers Compete to Lower Prices